"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 15, 2011

Firsts

Today was the first day of school for Elliot. Luckily, he has to wear a uniform, so I didn't have to worry about buying fasionable clothes. I am pretty lacking in the cool department.


Catherine started her day in a special way too. She found some scissors and gave herself a mullet. She also got gum stuck in her hair at a doctor's office. I was laughing too hard to lecture her.


Since I homeschool Isabella and Anastasia, this is how they started the big day.

Francesca learned how to crawl up the stairs today. I remember being really excited when Elliot learned how to do it, but for #5, not so much.




We also went to McDonald's, where we studied math.
"Mommy has only $10 and there are seven of you (yes, the neighborhood kid was with us again) and I'm getting a three dollar smoothie, so work it out among yourselves,", I said, handing out paper and pens.


I really debated about putting the girls in school this year. I got alot of advice, but in the end, it just didn't feel right. I wanted to enroll them in a hybrid school, which is two days a week. Unfortunately, the school was waaaaaay too expensive, even if we never ate at McDonald's again. I was feeling really down about it. Today the director of the school called me and said she would give us a huge discount so Isabella and Anastasia could still attend! I am so excited for me, I mean them!


So many wonderful things that have happened since we've brought the babies home. I just shudder to think of all the wonderful people I would have never met if it wasn't for Francesca and Victoria. Today, Theresa not only watched my kids while I took Victoria to the doctor, she also helped them do their schoolwork AND cleaned my kitchen!!!


Victoria is really getting over her fear of food. Here she is taking a little bite of a banana!


The GI doctor wants to leave in her NG tube until after her cleft palate surgery. She gained another pound! We have 5 more doctors appointments this week, so hopefully we will finally have a plan!


I got on-line and designed some cool "business" cards. I still have hopes of being famous one day!! Am I ambitious or just pathetic?





10 comments:

  1. Catherine,
    You ARE famous to me. :) Your my real life mommy rock star and always make me laugh.

    ~Amy
    http://theleastofthesematthew2540.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, you are special, you are unique, you are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your business card! Very cute design! I love the baby devil -- so cute!

    I'm a graphic designer by trade and I have a couple tips (totally minor)...
    - I'd move the devil baby over to the right just a tiny bit. It's "heavy" on the left side; moving it over to the right a bit will make it visually "balanced" (and it will break up that big empty white space.)
    - For the URL, I'd eliminate "www" (that's the standard these days...omit "http://www" since it's present on all URLs)
    - Capitalize the first letter of each word in your blog URL -- it makes it easier to read.
    So instead of "wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com," use "WrongInAllTheRightWays-TravCat.Blogspot.com"

    Also, just for a personal privacy sort of thing, I'd crop the image of your business card to eliminate your phone number (or, if you're good with photo editing software, you can just blur it.) Unless you don't mind having your phone number posted on your blog...I know lots of bloggers don't mind! :-)

    I love to see that little miss Victoria is starting to explore additional food items! That's wonderful! Any word on when her cleft palate surgery will take place?

    -Madi G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I have ever commented before but I have been following your blog since you were in Ukrain...
    So good to hear Victoria is gaining weight..what a treasure she is..
    Personally I love school uniforms too. In Australia(where I live) all schools have uniforms, makes it so much easier than having to keep the kids in all up to date trendy clothes...

    P.S..love love love your blog

    Peta in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're famous! Your blog is one of my favorites and I'm a bloggaholic! Thank you so much for sharing your life with humor and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Argentina and almost every school has uniforms (my brother went to a school that didn't have one and I know a couple of others) and I think that's awesome, you don't have to think what you are going to wear lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and by the way, I think every mom out there want to be friends with Theresa! She sounds like an amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "business" card. I've been thinking I "need" one too....just in case. It just looks sophisticated to be able to whip out a card instead of writing the info on the back of a Target receipt or something. ;D Besides, I might need that receipt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy monkeys, you are so famous. I am reading every one of your posts tonight like a teenage girl reads Twilight. Must spend quality time with husband...but, we're bringing home Thadius on RR. I thought I was too cool for school, and now I realize, I am only following in the footsteps of the master of blog snark, lightheartedness, and too-many-kid-but-wouldn't-have-it-any-other-way lamenting. Way. Famous. :) -Jaime

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!