"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

All in the Family


I have always been big on names. Each of the kids have six names each, including a saint and an angel name. Some of the kids have unusual names, like little Catherine (I still refuse to be called big Catherine). Her middle name is Scheherazade. If you haven't heard the symphony that she is named after, I suggest you go listen to it. It is one of my favorites.

So, I guess it is no surprise that little Catherine is following in my footsteps when naming her Barbies. The poor dolls already have several strikes against them. First of all, Catherine and Victoria refuse to allow them the dignity of wearing clothes. Well, sure, occasionally a boy Barbie will be allowed to don the Elsa dress, but mostly they are nudist. 


 And they all have serious injuries, thanks to a sweet, destructive pup who is visiting with us. His name is Malachi, which means angel. Don't let that cute face fool you. He is no angel. He refuses his nutritious kibble, but he will devour a bar of soap eagerly. But, I digress. His favorite pastime is finding the poor Barbie family and tearing their limbs off.



 Catherine is very fond of them. 
She even has very special names for each of them. 

Uno


Stumpy and James


Ghost Guy (only his head survived)


And I love finding them in random places, like on my mantel. I'm not sure how they get up so high, when the little ones can't reach up there. Maybe the Barbies are trying to help me decorate. Or maybe, they are really trying to escape.


I see a trend emerging here. Very soon Francesca and Victoria will soon be ripping the heads off their dolls. But I guess when life hands you destroyed Barbies, you gotta  make the best of it and have ghost family.

Such a sweet sight when I go to tuck her in......just a girl and her heads. 


Sweet dreams! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!